Discover how to make a printable housing for an ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 compatible with LEGO (bricks) pieces to be inserted into your robot.
A printable housing has been designed with OpenScad for sensor ultrasonic HC-SR04 compatible with LEGO (bricks) pieces:
The code source file OpenScan can be found here:
Then attached a STL file to print it with a 3D printer.
Download the STL file and print it.
(Suggested) printing parameters:
- Height of layer (mm): 0.3
- The wall thickness (mm): 0.8
- Upper and bottom layers thickness (mm): 4.2 (very important, but break the top cylinders)
- Filling: 15%
- Printing speed (mm/s): 30
- Without brackets
- Without platform accession
Introduce the ultrasonic sensor in the printed part:
To attach the sensor to the printed piece have been used two screws into holes that piece has already been designed. You should just screw them.
How to measure distances?